[Csmatters] Notes from CSP Providers meeting at CSTA 2018

Dianne O'Grady-Cunniff mrsdianneoc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 19:22:35 EDT 2018

The CSP providers met on July 10 from 2-6 to learn about each others'
programs, find common ground, and decide on priorities for joint action.

the larger team is ready to share with the rest of the world (ie: college
board), right now we're just kicking around ideas.

Identifying challenges:

   - accommodating for learning differences and disabilities,
   - keeping teachers connected after PD
   - deciding on ways to collaborate between CSP teams
   - how to prioritize curriculum changes to stay current, what data to use
   to inform change?
   - how do you version your curriculum? what timeline is needed for
   changes?
   - how to support students in performance tasks without over supporting
   - effective use of formative assessment
   - how to do PD for teachers with widely different backgrounds
   - how to stay true to the goal of promoting greater equity in CS with CSP

Detailed notes are here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WZtFtuQWJPLNcv-SJz9eKogcMYljeUBBbdeZhortBQ8/edit>
,

--
Dianne O'Grady-Cunniff
Acting Director, Maryland Center for Computing Education