[agents] [CFP] SCML @ ANAC @ IJCAI (two month till the deadline)

Yasser Mohammad yasserfarouk at gmail.com
Thu May 13 19:35:28 EDT 2021

Dear All

You are invited to submit to the SCM league. One of the official tracks of
ANAC 2021 running as part of IJCAI competitions:

You can find all details about the competition at: https://scml.cs.brown.edu
.

*Important Request 🙏🙏🙏: If you are considering submission to the
competition, please upload an early version of your agent to the online
competition website AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (hopefully before May 30th).* This
will be of tremendous help for us (by estimating the computational capacity
we need) and yourself (by providing you with feedback about any issues in
your agent as early as possible). *From our past experience, early and
repeated submissions to the online competition website
<https://scml.cs.brown.edu> helps tremendously in finding bugs that you
many not notice otherwise*.

Here are some of the news related to the competition:

   1.

   🖥️ We published a new tool called SCML-VIS for visualizing world
   simulations and tournaments. The tool
   <https://www.github.com/yasserfarouk/scml-vis> is developed as an
   open-source project on GitHub. You can watch a walk-through at Youtube
   <https://youtu.be/BCDjnnSmIsk>. We are open to pull-requests. Check the
   README <https://github.com/yasserfarouk/scml-vis/blob/main/README.md>
   for ideas.
   2.

   ⚖️ We changed the way final scores are calculated for agents from using
   the *median* to using *truncated mean*. This is intended to balance the
   efficiency (i.e. using as many scores as possible in the final score) and
   robustness (i.e. insensitivity to outliers). Please check the mechanics
   section of the game description document for details.
   3.

   🔁 An updated version of the game description is now available online.
   There are no changes in the competition rules (other then the evaluation
   criterion mentioned above ). The updated version provides clearer
   exposition and improved presentation. You now can access this updated
   version for all tracks:
   - *OneShot*: full description
      <http://www.yasserm.com/scml/scml2021oneshot.pdf>
      - *Standard*: full description
      <http://www.yasserm.com/scml/scml2021.pdf>
      - *Collusion*: full description
      <http://www.yasserm.com/scml/scml2021.pdf>
   4.

   🔁 Newer versions of SCML (0.4.2 <https://pypi.org/project/scml/>) and
   NegMAS (0.8.2 <https://pypi.org/project/negmas/>) have been published
   with bug fixes and other improvements. Please upgrade your development
   environment. If you are using pip, this is as simple as running pip
   install -U negmas scml
   5.

   🔁 The tutorials were updated to provide even more examples of
   developing agents for OneShot
   <http://www.yasserm.com/scml/scml2020docs/tutorials/02.develop_agent_scml2020_oneshot.html>
   and Standard
   <http://www.yasserm.com/scml/scml2020docs/tutorials/03.develop_agent_scml2020.html>
   tracks.
   6. 🤼 Our community is growing 📈:
      - *21* new registrations on the official website
      <https://scml.cs.brown.edu>.
      - *15* new questions/discussions on the SCML Discussion Boards
      <https://github.com/yasserfarouk/scml/discussions>. If you have any
      questions or ideas, consider sharing them there.
   7. Yasser is publishing a series of blog posts about SCML. You may find
   them useful. Two posts are already published:
      - Automated Negotiation: Can it be the next big thing?
      <https://yasserfarouk.medium.com/automated-netotiation-can-it-be-the-next-big-thing-b4840ea0f407>
      - SCML: Negotiate Your Way to Fortune
      <https://yasserfarouk.medium.com/scml-negotiate-your-way-to-fornute-f99849408e66>

*Important Request (Intentional Repeat 😊 ): Please upload an early version
of your agent to the online competition website AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
(hopefully before May 30th).* This will be of tremendous help for us (by
estimating the computational capacity we need) and yourself (by providing
you with feedback about any issues in your agent as early as possible).

*On Behalf of the SCML Organizing Committee*

*yasser*