[agents] Lecturers (Assistant Professors) in Artificial Intelligence and Cyber-Physical Systems

Tim Norman T.J.Norman at soton.ac.uk
Fri Apr 21 05:24:43 EDT 2017

Lecturers (Assistant Professors) in Artificial Intelligence and Cyber-Physical Systems
University of Southampton
Electronics and Computer Science

Salary: £37,075 to £46,924 per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Friday 05 May 2017
Reference: 859617FP (Artificial Intelligence) and 859417FP (Cyber-Physical Systems)

We are looking for highly-motivated and excellent scholars with computer science expertise aligned to cyber-physical systems (2 posts), and scholars in artificial intelligence (2 posts) in areas that complement our existing activities. These positions are part of an investment of five new posts in computer science with one at (full) professorial level.

For the cyber-physical systems posts, specific areas that we would value include human-systems interaction and teaming, autonomous systems, trust, information fusion, and pervasive and ubiquitous computing. For the artificial intelligence posts, specific areas include natural language processing, machine learning, computer vision, reasoning, planning and argumentation. We are particularly seeking computer scientists with enthusiasm for working together with colleagues across research areas and disciplines.

Electronics and Computer Science (ECS) (http://ecs.soton.ac.uk) provides a unique, friendly and supportive environment that facilitates use-inspired and multi-disciplinary research, education, training and outreach. New colleagues will contribute to the delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in computer science. Candidates should have a PhD in an appropriate research area, a strong publication record, and the enthusiasm and drive to carry out research and teaching, in an exciting, highly professional, multidisciplinary environment.

For more information, please see the jobs.soton.ac.uk website:
https://jobs.soton.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=859417FP
https://jobs.soton.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=859617FP

Informal enquiries should be directed to Professor Tim Norman (t.j.norman at soton.ac.uk) or Professor Steve Gunn (srg at ecs.soton.ac.uk).

Regards,

Tim.

--
Professor Timothy J. Norman
Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton, Southampton, Hampshire, UK, SO17 1BJ