[agents] Research Fellow in Artificial Intelligence and IoT

Tim Norman T.J.Norman at soton.ac.uk
Fri Apr 21 05:30:48 EDT 2017

Research Fellow in Artificial Intelligence and IoT

University of Southampton
Salary:   £29,301 to £30,175 per annum
Full Time Fixed Term until 31.03.19
Closing Date:   Saturday 20 May 2017
Reference:  863417FP

We welcome applications for a postdoctoral Research Fellow working on reasoning about norm/policy compliance in complex socio-technical systems in the ASSET (Augmented Safety through Smart EnvironmenTs) research project. The post will be in the Agents, Interaction and Complexity group, which is part of the department of Electronics and Computer Science (ECS) at the University of Southampton.

You will work in the context of a research partnership between the University of Southampton and Ozyegin University, Istanbul, funded jointly by the UK and Turkish governments. The ideal person we are looking for is someone who will conduct leading research into automated reasoning under uncertainty and develop effective collaborations across country and discipline (computer science and electronics) boundaries.

The appointment will be until 31st March 2019 with a possibility of an extension beyond 1st April 2019 being approved by the British Council. We would like the right candidate to start as soon as possible.

For informal enquiries before submitting your application, contact Tim Norman (t.j.norman at soton.ac.uk).

https://jobs.soton.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=863417FP

Regards,

Tim.

--
Professor Timothy J. Norman
Electronics and Computer Science, University of Southampton, Southampton, Hampshire, UK, SO17 1BJ