[agents] FIPA chair

Javier Vázquez Salceda jvazquez at lsi.upc.edu
Wed Feb 8 03:06:49 EST 2012

Dear James, all:

    I do agree with Wathiq suggestion to expand FIPA further outside
EU-US, as FIPA is supposed to be now an international IEEE standard, and
agent technologies and research has spread to other regions. Also we
need to increase the participation of industry if we want agent
technology to expand its use in practice.

    I think that we should also take the opportunity of the next AAMAS
conference in Valencia to re-constitute the new FIPA, so I suggest to
create a timeline from now to beginning of June to prepare not only for
the election of the new FIPA chair but also the new FIPA structure.

    Best regards.

Javier.

--
  ()()()  JAVIER VAZQUEZ SALCEDA
  ()()()

address: Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
          Dept. Llenguatges i Sistemes Informàtics
          Edifici K2M, Despatx 202e
          C/ Jordi Girona Salgado 1-3
          E - 08034 Barcelona

telf: (+34) 93 413 7903    e-mail: jvazquez at lsi.upc.edu