[agents] Post-doc position: Beyond the DARPA Network Challenge

Iyad Rahwan irahwan at acm.org
Mon Nov 14 08:37:33 EST 2011

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Post-doctoral position:
Beyond the DARPA Network (Red Balloon) Challenge
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A joint effort by MIT (Sandy Pentland), Masdar Institute (Iyad
Rahwan), and UC San Diego (Manuel Cebrian) is developing a framework
to understand, model and extend the winning strategy that won the
celebrated DARPA Network Challenge, described in the article:

G. Pickard, W. Pan, I. Rahwan, M. Cebrian, R. Crane, A. Madan, A.
Pentland. Time-Critical Social Mobilization. Science. Vol. 334 no.
6055 pp. 509-512.

We are looking for an exceptional postdoctoral fellow with a strong
research track record in one or more of the following areas:
game-theory, computer science, evolutionary dynamics, behavioral
economics, statistical mechanics, and related areas and experience in
computational modeling and analysis.

Further details can be found here: http://www.mit.edu/~irahwan/postdoc.html