[agents] Research Fellow in Computational Models of Argumentation

Norman, Dr Timothy J. F. t.j.norman at abdn.ac.uk
Tue Sep 1 07:14:08 EDT 2009

University of Aberdeen

Research Fellow in Computational Models of Argumentation

£29,704-£32,458 per annum

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/jobs/display.php?recordid=RDH006R

Digital Economy is an RCUK cross-council programme, aimed at realising the
transformational impact of ICT for all aspects of business, society and
economy. The Rural Digital Economy Hub at the University of Aberdeen is one
of three large multi-disciplinary research hubs funded through this
programme, and is due to commence its activities in October 2009.

The Hub award to Aberdeen is worth £12.4M and will fund five years of
activity. The Hub will have a large team of researchers (60+) working in and
across the disciplines of computer science, communication engineering, human
geography, sociology, transport studies, health sciences and environmental
science. For further details, see: www.digital-rural.org
<http://www.digital-rural.org> .

To support our ambitious research programme we have begun our first phase of
recruitment involving 8 research studentships and 9 postdoctoral
fellowships. As part of this activity we are looking to appoint a
postdoctoral research fellow to work in the area of Computational Models of
Argumentation.

The candidate will have a good knowledge of argumentation theory, and the
computational realisation and application of these techniques. Knowledge of
multi-agent systems would be beneficial. The successful candidate will have
a PhD or be about to complete a PhD in Computer Science. Enthusiasm for
digital technology and innovation relevant to society and the economy is
essential as is the ability to work in a cross-disciplinary team including
colleagues in medicine and the social sciences.

Informal enquiries may be made to: Tim Norman (t.j.norman at abdn.ac.uk)

Closing date: 30-Sep-2009

--
Professor Timothy J. Norman