[Csmatters] Fwd: Short Survey to Plan CSP Providers Summit at CSTA

Dianne O'Grady-Cunniff mrsdianneoc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 22:07:01 EDT 2018

Jan and I are on this list, is anyone else interested in attending a
session at the CSTA conference of CSP providers?

Dianne

Hello fellow CSP Providers,

Over the last months there've been many casual conversations about
scheduling a CSP Providers Summit at CSTA this summer. So far I've only
heard excitement at the idea but with the summer quickly approaching it's
time to start nailing some plans down.

*Please have at least one member of your team complete this short survey
<https://goo.gl/forms/3npIR4R7OOeoB1Eo2> by Monday morning *so that we can
judge overall interest and start locking down the calendar in particular.
To help, here's some front matter on both aspects of the summit.

   - *Schedule:* After speaking with CSTA the most promising time slot is
   the afternoon of Tuesday, July 10th from 2:30 - 6:00pm inside the
   conference center. This is immediately following closing ceremonies. After
   a few hours of focused work time we could get dinner together and then plan
   on leaving Omaha the following morning.

   We want a calendar that works for everyone but locking on a date is the
   most time-sensitive issue at the moment so quick responses on this are
   appreciated.

   - *Goals:* This event is designed so that our curriculum and PD teams
   can share, learn, and collaborate in ways that our schedules often prevent.
   We'd like to collectively develop some clear goals will ensure we use our
   time together effectively and make use of all the expertise we'll have in
   the room. In particular, a useful framing mechanism we'd like to encourage
   is agreeing ahead of time on some artifact / document that should result
   from the meeting. Get creative, though, and share how you think we could
   best use this unique opportunity.

Here's a proposed schedule for the next few weeks

   - Week of April 11 - Collect survey responses
   - Week of April 16 - Proposed summit date and goals shared with team for
   approval, feedback incorporated
   - Week of April 20 - Dates and goals approved, communicate with CSTA to
   lock venue
   - Week of April 27 - Draft agenda shared with team
   - May - June: Ongoing discussions leading up to CSTA

As always, feel free to reach out if you have suggestions or questions.

Cheers!
GT and the Code.org CSP Team

P.S. If there are folks I neglected to include in this email who fit the
bill for this event please share this information with them. Their
exclusion was entirely incidental.

--
Dianne O'Grady-Cunniff
Acting Director, Maryland Center for Computing Education