[Csmatters] CS for all call today about CSNYC

Dianne O'Grady-Cunniff mrsdianneoc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 17:23:27 EDT 2017

Notes from today's CS for all call are in the team resources > meeting
notes folder but it was mostly a recap of what we've been hearing for years
about the plans that CS NYC has to bring CS to their schools. Nothing
really new I can think to include. Jan and I were on the call.

They're not yet ready to measure what are successful strategies and are
students learning effectively, they are measuring how many teachers have
done PD, and what numbers and diversity of students are being reached.

They gave a reminder about the CS for All summit on Monday-Tuesday October
16-17 at washington university St Louis. It's 2 separate events: day 1 =
school district teams, day 2 = general CS for all. A person can apply for
one or both days. it will be live streamed.

We must submit commitments by august 18 to be considered for an invitation
to attend.

The ECEP summit might be oct 27-28, or might be tagged on to Grace
Hopper Wednesday,
October 4 through Friday, October 6 in Orlando,FL so October could be a
busy month. Do we have funding to send anybody to either? There is no
mention of funding anywhere in the information.

--
Dianne O'Grady-Cunniff, CS Matters in Maryland