[Csmatters] Notes from NICERC meeting today

Dianne O'Grady-Cunniff mrsdianneoc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 12:38:34 EDT 2017

I was taking notes during the NICERC online meeting today, but all that
matters is the summary:

NICERC thinks that their curriculum is 85% ready to be college board
approved for a CS-P class. They seem invested in creating their own
curriculum but do not have a realistic view of what it takes to get the
college board approval. It sounds like current funding may require them to
develop their own class. They have a homogeneous team with limited
experience in equity, diversity. and pedagogy and don't really see what
they are missing.

Pat Yongpradit has some leads on other curriculum to work with to develop
an intro and capstone class. We don't have the funding or bandwidth to
create something ourselves, as we all know, so I'll see what other options
there are for a CS pathway and report back.

--
Dianne O'Grady-Cunniff, CS Matters in Maryland