[Csmatters] trying to learn more about where the K-12 cybersecurity folks are headed

Dianne O'Grady-Cunniff mrsdianneoc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 12:53:41 EDT 2017

fyi, I reached out to Davina Pruitt-Mentle and asked if she thinks a
framework will be developed for what kids should know at different levels
(like k-1,3-5,6-8,9-12) about cybersecurity to go beyond what was done for
the K12 CS framework,

and this is her response
Yes the guidelines are being developed currently

Not much info, but I'll ask to see if Pat Mikos knows more being part of
the K12 cyber working group

No point in duplicating work that is already being done, and it would be
good to offer genuine expert advice (like Jan, Marie, Joe) on what
could/should be covered at different levels to provide a solid cyber
pathway that integrates with CS.

--
Dianne O'Grady-Cunniff, CS Matters in Maryland