[Coral_current] a few things

Tim Oates oates at cs.umbc.edu
Mon Aug 15 11:05:57 EDT 2022

First, I'm happy to report that UMBC/CORAL had a *great* showing at the
hackathon.  I presented a video on a new domain for testing human-agent
teaming that tied for first place (with Duke), Tinoosh was part of a team
that presented ideas for a series of experiments on human-agent teaming
that won first place, and Khondoker and Prakhar, with  help from Bharat
(let me know if I missed anyone), won first place in the Tetris hackathon
"by a wide margin"!

Thanks to everyone who participated and for showing what high quality
people we have a UMBC!  I'm very proud to work with such amazing students
and colleagues.

I won half of a $250 prize that I'd like to use to take the lab out for
dinner before the start of the semester.

On a very different note, I'm in Atlanta through Wednesday evening for an
NSF site visit.  I'll catch up on email and editing on the plane.

   - tim