[agents] 2 Postdoctoral positions: Robotics and verification

Parsons, Simon simon.parsons at kcl.ac.uk
Thu Jun 25 18:01:16 EDT 2020

The Lincoln Centre for Autonomous Systems Research (L-CAS) is looking to appoint two new Postdoctoral Research Fellows with relevant experience and/or a strong interest in research areas such as: Long-term autonomy for mobile robots; Human-robot interaction; Formal modelling and verification; Safety engineering; and Systems integration, including ROS.

One post will be fixed term for 18 months, the other for 12 months, with excellent opportunities for ongoing career development and progression. Given the current situation, we will be flexible about the need to relocate to Lincoln.

The successful candidates will be working on a project to assure the safety of robotics and autonomous systems. The project involves mobile robots that operate in real-world application domains with a high demand on flexibility and interaction with people. In particular, the work will focus on robots that operate in an agricultural setting, working with our world-leading fleet of soft-fruit harvesting robots.

Informal enquiries about the post can be made to Simon Parsons (email: sparsons at lincoln.ac.uk) or Marc Hanheide (email: mhanheide at lincoln.ac.uk), and full details are available here:
https://jobs.lincoln.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=COS755

The closing date for applications is Sunday July 12th.

Simon Parsons
Professor of Computer Science
Department of Informatics
King's College London