[agents] Open positions on Responsible Artificial Intelligence at Umeå University

Dignum, Virginia virginia at cs.umu.se
Wed Jun 24 03:44:24 EDT 2020

Open positions on Responsible Artificial Intelligence at Umeå University:

  * PhD student (4 years fulltime):
    https://umu.varbi.com/en/what:job/jobID:337517
  * Research Engineer (12 months, fulltime):
    https://umu.varbi.com/en/what:job/jobID:341576

Both positions are fully covered by a grant from the Wallenberg
Foundations. The PhD student will be affiliated with the WASP-HS
graduate school (https://wasp-hs.org/).

Application deadline: 15 August 2020

The research group in Responsible AI is led by prof. dr. Virginia Dignum
and was established to study the ethical and societal impact of AI,
through the development of tools and methodologies design, monitor, and
develop trustworthy AI systems and applications.
Our research is not only about the development of intelligent systems,
but also in understanding the effects of their deployment on our
societies. We are working to ensure the ethical application of
Artificial Intelligence (AI), both through public engagement and
frequent interaction with policymakers,
and by facilitating the engineering of Responsible AI. Our
multidisciplinary research programme aims to help all relevant actors to
have access to the means and tools to develop, deploy, operate, and
govern systems, while taking any ethical, legal, and socio-economical
implications into consideration.