[agents] Draft agent submission deadline extension for HUMAINE 2020 (immersive human-agent negotiation competition): May 8th, 2020

Jeff Kephart kephart at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 21 03:17:31 EDT 2020

To accommodate those whose plans have been disrupted by the COVID-19
pandemic, we have extended the deadline for participating in HUMAINE 2020
as follows:

Draft code submission deadline: Friday, May 8, 2020.
Final code submission deadline: Monday, June 8, 2020.

  HUMAINE (HUman-MultiAgent Immersive NEgotiation) is a new human-agent
  negotiation competition in which humans haggle over bundles of goods in
  natural language with agents that are embodied as life-size avatars. The
  full CfP can be found at https://cisl.rpi.edu/humaine2020.

  We invite you to participate in this competition. As an agent developer,
  all you need to do is to focus on interpreting English text as a
  negotiation act, determine how you want to respond (e.g. counteroffer,
  accept, reject), and translate your response into English plus a simple
  set of avatar behavior directives. The platform will handle all aspects
  of speech-to-text, text-to-speech, and the physical appearance of the
  avatars for you.

  The competition will be held online a few weeks in advance of
  IJCAI-PRICAI 2020, with cash prizes given to the best agents. Then, at
  the conference (regardless of whether it turns out to be physical or
  virtual), we will announce the results and allow conference attendees to
  try their hand at negotiating with the top agents.

  If this interests you, please register via this very simple form
  indicating your intent to participate by May 8th. May 8th is also the
  deadline by which time you need to submit an early draft of your agent,
  so that we can ensure that it receives and sends messages correctly and
  give you feedback accordingly. Further information about technical
  details can be found at
  https://cisl.rpi.edu/research/projects/humaine-human-multi-agent-immersive-negotiation
  .

  Feel free to contact the organizers with any questions you may have:

  Rahul Divekar (divekr at rpi.edu)
  Jeffrey O. Kephart (kephart at us.ibm.com)
  Hui Su (huisuibmres at us.ibm.com)
  Maira Gatti de Bayser (mgdebayser at br.ibm.com)