[agents] 2nd CFP - International Workshop on Dialogue, Explanation and Argumentation in Human Agent Interaction (DEXA-HAI-2020) @ECAI2020

KOKCIYAN Nadin nadin.kokciyan at ed.ac.uk
Wed Feb 19 07:03:39 EST 2020

2nd International Workshop on Dialogue, Explanation and Argumentation in Human Agent Interaction DEXA-HAI-2020
Held in conjunction with ECAI 2020
Santiago de Compostela
Website: https://sites.google.com/view/dexahai-at-ecai2020/home

The International Workshop on Dialogue, Explanation and Argumentation in Human-Agent Interaction (DEXA HAI 2020) will focus on the approaches, concepts and applications relevant to supporting dialogue and explainability in the context of human interaction with agent-based systems.

The workshop will focus on the following questions:
How can we develop methods to facilitate dialogue between humans and agents?
How can we derive arguments given such dialogues?
How can we explain the decisions made by intelligent systems; and
How can we support humans in interacting with such systems?
This workshop will particularly cover the use of computational argumentation and argumentation-based dialogue approaches to answer these questions, but will also consider natural language processing work on dialogue, and any work which fits into the ``explainability'' theme.

The workshop will bring together researchers from different application domains with the common theme of dialogue and explanation in interactive agent-based systems, as well as computational argumentation in the same theme. We would like to:
Explore the different approaches to dialogue in interactive human-agent systems;
Investigate methods or approaches to promoting explainability of agent-based decisions in interactive human-agent systems;
Explore the application of argumentation-based approaches to supporting dialogue in interactive human-agent systems;
Investigate how explainability can be evaluated in the human-agent context.

---------------------
SUBMISSIONS
---------------------
Submissions are in the format of long papers (7 pages + 1 page references) or short papers (4 pages + 1 page references).
Both long and short papers should be formatted according to ECAI guidelines and submitted electronically through EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dexahai2020).

---------------------
IMPORTANT DATES
---------------------
- Deadline for paper submission: February 28, 2020
- Final decisions to authors: April 8, 2020
- Camera-ready papers: April 22, 2020
- Workshop: June 08, 2020

All deadlines are at 23:59 UTC-12.

ORGANISING COMMITTEE
Simon Parsons - University of Lincoln, UK
Elizabeth Sklar - University of Lincoln, UK
Isabel Sassoon - King's College London, UK
Nadin Kokciyan - University of Edinburgh, UK

If you have any queries please email: Isabel.k.sassoon at kcl.ac.uk