[agents] Congratulations to Professor Munindar Singh Winner of 2020 ACM/SIGAI Autonomous Agents Research Award

Nicholas Mattei nsmattei at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 12:28:54 EST 2020

All,

Please join me in congratulating Munindar Singh, Winner of 2020 ACM/SIGAI
Autonomous Agents Research Award!  The award will be presented at AAMAS
2020 in New Zealand.

https://sigai.acm.org/awards/autonomous_agents_award.html

The selection committee for the ACM/SIGAI Autonomous Agents Research Award
is pleased to announce that Professor Munindar Singh is the recipient of
the 2020 award. Professor Singh is the Alumni Distinguished Professor of
Computer Science at North Carolina State University. This award
acknowledges his extensive contributions to our understanding of social
interaction and autonomy in Artificial Intelligence through his seminal
work on interaction protocols, norms, and trust in multiagent systems. This
work pioneered new approaches to thinking about sociotechnical systems in a
formal and verifiable manner. The broad impact of the work has extended far
beyond the agent community to encompass concerns in service-oriented
computing, software engineering, and distributed computing. In addition,
Professor Singh has served the autonomous agents research community in a
variety of roles, including as general chair of AAMAS 2005, a charter
member of the editorial board of JAAMAS, and an IFAAMAS Board member.

--Nick

--
*Nicholas Mattei*
Assistant Professor, Tulane University