[agents] Qual2Rule: Surveying the Use of Qualitative Data in Agent-based Models

Christopher Frantz christopher.frantz at ntnu.no
Mon Feb 17 03:15:45 EST 2020

Agent-based models thrive in part due to the consideration of diverse
information sources (e.g., theory and data) in the modelling process.
However, practices for integrating data in agent-based models are diverse
and depend on the disciplinary background that informs the nature of the
collected data. A large number of models thus rely on qualitative data, in
addition or as an alternative to quantitative input.

As part of the ESSA Special Interest Group Qual2Rule, we aim to develop a
better understanding of the current approaches for the inclusion of
*qualitative data* undertaken within the community.

We thus invite the agent-based modelling community (understood here in a
loose sense) to offer some insight into their practices as part of an
anonymous survey linked below, the results of which we are planning to
discuss as part of this year’s Social Simulation Conference (SSC 2020) in
Milan (http://ssc2020.behavelab.org/).

Note that the used survey tool is GDPR compliant, but may occasionally show
some ads above or below the questionnaire items. We apologise for this
inconvenience in advance.

Link to the survey: https://eSurv.org?u=qual2abm

In case of any questions or comments regarding this survey, please contact
Christopher Frantz (christopher.frantz at ntnu.no).

If you want to find out more about the ESSA Special Interest Group
Qual2Rule, please have a look here:
http://www.essa.eu.org/sig/sig-qual2rule/

Kind regards,
Christopher Frantz

---
Christopher K. Frantz, PhD
Førsteamanuensis (Associate Professor)
Department of Computer Science (IDI)
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
Gjøvik, Norway
https://www.ntnu.edu/employees/christopher.frantz
https://christopherfrantz.org/