[agents] [Mycolleagues] Multi-Agent Systems in Transportation Systems @ AMSTA-20, Split, Croatia, 17-19 June 2020

Mahdi Zargayouna hamza-mahdi.zargayouna at ifsttar.fr
Wed Nov 27 09:42:28 EST 2019

Multi-Agent Systems in Transportation Systems
Invited Session @ AMSTA-20
Agent & Multi-Agent Systems: Technologies & Applications
http://amsta-20.kesinternational.org/
June 17-19, 2020 | Split, Croatia

http://amsta-20.kesinternational.org/cms/userfiles/is05.pdf
The purpose of this session is to bring researchers and practitioners together to discuss how agents and
multi-agent systems technologies can be used to model, simulate, optimize and manage nowadays large-scale,
heterogeneous, multimodal and complex transportation systems. We are looking for research papers,
case studies and practitioners' reports on the implementation and use of multi-agent systems in all areas
related to all the modes of transportation and logistics.

Topics:
Applications of Multi-Agent Systems in traffic, transportation, and transport logistics
Optimization (e.g., traffic assignment, routing, route choice)
Autonomic transportation systems
Coordination in intelligent transportation systems
Intelligent, adaptive traffic control
Distributed decision making in traffic, transportation and transport logistics
Multi-agent systems for intelligent vehicles
Mobile devices in smart transportation systems
Autonomous vehicles and collaborative driving
Self-* properties of traffic systems
Agent-based approaches to modelling driver behaviour
Agent-based simulation of traffic and transportation systems
Agent-based pedestrian and crowd simulation
Shared and on-demand mobility (car sharing, ride sharing, Mobility as a Service, etc.)
KES-AMSTA is an international scientific conference for research in the field of agent and multi-agent systems. Agents and
multi-agent systems are related to a modern software paradigm which has long been recognized as a promising technology
for constructing autonomous, complex and intelligent systems.
Consisting of keynote talks by experts in the field, oral and poster presentations, AMSTA-20 will provide an excellent opportunity
for researchers to discuss modern approaches and techniques for agent and multi-agent systems and their applications, as well
as intelligent systems in the field of social networks, self-organisation and trust.

Proceedings
The conference proceedings will be published by Springer as book chapters in a volume of the KES Smart Innovation Systems
and Technologies series, submitted for indexing in Scopus and Thomson-Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI)
and the Web of Science.

======================
Conference Scope
=====================
The AMSTA conference includes a broad range of topics applicable to Agents and Multi-agent Systems. The following topics are indicative of the scope of the conference, however other relevant topics are applicable.
Agent and Multi-agent Systems Software agent is a program which performs actions defined by user. Multi-agent system consists of autonomous and collaborative agents that have particular degree of mobility and intelligence. It is intended to provide the researchers an opportunity to exchange
theoretical and technical knowledge, hands-on experience, as well as to discuss current development and explore trends in agent systems. The call is addressed to scientists and engineers from both academic and industrial environments, who design, develop and implement software agents in different areas and applications.

New Digital and Knowledge Economy
The modern economy is driven by technologies and knowledge. Digital technologies can free, shift and multiply choices, often intruding on the space of other industries, by providing new ways of conducting business operations and creating values for customers and companies. Examples technologies are mobile and cloud computing, big data analysis, business intelligence, artificial intelligence, social systems, computer embedded systems and nature inspired manufacturing, etc. We would therefore love to hear from both the research and industrial communities on their latest work on innovative technologies and applications that is potentially disruptive to industries. Furthermore, technologies need to work well with innovative business models to create wealth and welfare. In an attempt to bring the two communities together, we would therefore love to hear from business communities on their experiences for adopting technologies when creating new business models.

Industrial Track
The purpose of the Industrial Track is to promote research in our aforementioned topic areas and foster scientific exchange between
researchers, practitioners, scientists, students, and engineers in multi-agent systems and disruptive technologies. We particularly recognise the importance of inter-disciplinary work to create today's Digital and Knowledge Economy.

Standard length scientific papers, overview of research conducted in a company and short visionary paper and poster presentation are therefore most welcome.

===================
Important Dates and Deadlines
==================
• Submission Deadline: 10 January 2020
• Acceptance Notification: 10 February 2020
• Camera Ready Submission: 10 March 2020
• Presentation at Conference: 17-19 June 2020
• Publication: Springer; Series on Smart Innovation, Systems and Technologies

=========
Location
=========

AMSTA-20 will be held at the Radisson Blu Spa Resort, Split Croatia
Set against two stunning backdrops, the Adriatic Sea and the Dalmatian mountains, the Radisson Blu Resort, Split presents a never-ending feast of views with state-of-the-art meeting rooms.As a regional business and cultural centre, Split provides ample opportunities beyond its beautiful setting. The Radisson Blu lies just 3 kilometres from the city centre, where guests can catch a ferry or tour Diocletian’s Palace.
We hope you will join us at this stunning destination....

================
Further Information
General Chairs: Prof. G. Jezic, University of Zagreb, Croatia, Dr. J. Chen-Burger, Heriot-Watt University, Scotland, UK
Honorary Chairs: Prof. I. Lovrek, University of Zagreb, Croatia Prof. L. C. Jain, University of Canberra, Australia and Bournemouth University, UK
Executive Chair: Prof. Robert Howlett, Bournemouth University, UK

For enquiries about the invited session, please contact:
zargayouna at ifsttar.fr
For general enquiries about the conference, please contact:
contact at kesinternational.org
For registration enquiries, please contact:
registration at kesinternational.info