[agents] Faculty Positions in Computer Science Starting Fall 2020 - Tulane University

Nicholas Mattei nsmattei at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 14:46:23 EST 2019

Tulane is looking to hire a number of positions this year in the AI/DS/ML
space.  If you are curious and interested please don't hesitate to reach
out to me with specific questions!  Please do pass on to interested parties
as we're looking to grow the group here at Tulane.

--Nick

*Tulane UniversityDepartment of Computer ScienceFaculty Positions in
Computer Science Starting Fall 2020 New Orleans, LA*

*Tulane Computer Science is Hiring!*

The Tulane Computer Science Department anticipates several tenured or
tenure-track hires beginning in Fall 2020. Applications are encouraged from
leading researchers who are attracted by the opportunity to join a unique
program whose focus is equally on computer science and on its applications
to research in related areas. Our current faculty are engaged in
collaborative research projects with colleagues in the School of Science
and Engineering, as well as with colleagues in the School of Liberal Arts,
and with colleagues in the Health Sciences. The department currently has 7
tenured /tenure-stream faculty and two Professors of Practice; we
anticipate attaining a critical mass of 12 faculty within the next year,
and a stable state of 15 faculty within the following 2 – 3 years.

We are pleased to announce the following openings:

*Tenured/Tenure-Track Open Rank Position*

The Tulane Computer Science Department invites applications for open rank
positions at the tenured or tenure-track level to begin in Fall 2020. We
welcome applications from candidates working in artificial intelligence and
machine learning and their application to data science. We also welcome
applicants working in networking, optimization and cloud computing, and in
visualization, HCI, and large data. Candidates at the senior assistant
professor level or who are tenured should have an outstanding research
record that emphasizes the application of computer science to related
areas, have excellent teaching credentials and have a strong record of
attracting research funding on a continued basis. Junior faculty who have
postdoctoral experience establishing their research program also are
encouraged to apply. Review of applications will begin January 1, 2020, and
will continue until the positions are filled.

*The Yahoo! Founder Chair*

The Tulane Computer Science Department invites applications for the
*Yahoo! *Founder Chair in Computer Science. This pivotal appointment will
provide a defining focus for our research activities and our collaborations
with colleagues in related disciplines. The successful candidate will
provide leadership by enhancing existing research collaborations and
establishing new ones both within the computer science department, within
the School of Science and Engineering, and across the other Tulane schools
and colleges. We encourage applications from senior colleagues whose
research is related to data science. The successful candidate will have
excellent research credentials

nationally and internationally, a record of substantial research funding,
experience leading multidisciplinary research projects, and a record of
excellent teaching at the undergraduate and PhD levels. Review of
applications will begin January 1, 2020, and continue until the position is
filled. Potential candidates for this position are encouraged to contact
Professor Michael Mislove, chair of the computer science department, at
mislove at tulane.edu about their candidacy.

These positions have the potential for a joint appointment with the Florida
Institute for Human and Machine Cognition – see http://www.ihmc.us.