[agents] **Final CFP**: AAAI 2020 Workshop on Reinforcement Learning in Games

Marc Lanctot marc.lanctot at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 15:20:53 EST 2019

*Submission Deadline: Nov 15th, 2019Website: http://aaai-rlg.mlanctot.info/
<http://aaai-rlg.mlanctot.info/>Games provide an abstract and formal model
of environments in which multiple agents interact: each player has a
well-defined goal and rules to describe the effects of interactions among
the players. The first achievements in playing these games at super-human
level were attained with methods that relied on and exploited domain
expertise that was designed manually (e.g. chess, checkers). In recent
years, we have seen examples of general approaches that learn to play these
games via self-play reinforcement learning (RL), as first demonstrated in
Backgammon. While progress has been impressive, we believe we have just
scratched the surface of what is capable, and much work remains to be done
in order to truly understand the algorithms and learning processes within
these environments.The main objective of the workshop is to bring
researchers together to discuss ideas, preliminary results, and ongoing
research in the field of reinforcement in games. We invite participants to
submit papers on the 15th of November, based on but not limited to, the
following topics: RL in various formalisms: one-shot games, turn-based, and
Markov games, partially-observable games, continuous games, cooperative
games; deep RL in games; combining search and RL in games; inverse RL in
games; foundations, theory, and game-theoretic algorithms for RL; opponent
modeling; analyses of learning dynamics in games; evolutionary methods for
RL in games; RL in games without the rules; Monte Carlo tree search, online
learning in games.RLG is a 1 full-day workshop. It will start a 60 minute
mini-tutorial covering a brief tutorial and basics of RL in games, 2-3
invited talks by prominent contributors to the field, paper presentations,
a poster session, and will close with a discussion panel.Expected
attendance: 150 participants (estimated), including organizers and
speakers.Papers must between 4-8 pages in the AAAI submission format, with
the eighth page containing only references. Papers will be submitted
electronically using Easychair. Accepted papers will not be archival, and
we explicitly allow papers that are concurrently submitted to, currently
under review at, or recently accepted in other conferences /
venues.Workshop Chair: Julien Perolat (DeepMind)Workshop organizing
committee: Marc Lanctot (DeepMind), Julien Perolat (DeepMind), Martin
Schmid (DeepMind). Workshop URL: http://aaai-rlg.mlanctot.info/
<http://aaai-rlg.mlanctot.info/>*