[agents] Latinx in AI Workshop @ NeurIPS 2019 [DEADLINE EXTENSION]

zwimfox zwimfox at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 10:28:38 EDT 2019

*The Official LXAI Research Workshop is co-located with NeurIPS
<https://latinxinai.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8f9b1634c3e8f31a837653bc&id=3bc4ecc9a6&e=78338e9b3c>
at
the Vancouver Convention Center, Vancouver CANADA
<https://latinxinai.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8f9b1634c3e8f31a837653bc&id=7ba8ba2fa9&e=78338e9b3c>
on
Monday, December 9th, 2019.*
*Due to a number of requests we have decided to extend the submission
deadline to 20th September, 2019.*

*Submission Instructions*

We strongly encourage students, post-docs and researchers who primarily
identify as latinx in all areas of machine learning to submit an abstract
describing new, work-in-progress, previously published, or concurrently
published research. We welcome abstract submissions in theory, methodology,
and applications. While the presenting author need not be the first author
of the work, we encourage authors to highlight the contribution of latinx
individuals — particularly the presenting author — in the abstract. While
the event focuses primarily on researchers who identify as latinx, everyone
is invited to attend. Authors are also encouraged to sign up to review for
LXAI, with a sign-up option available upon submission.

Submissions will be double-blind peer-reviewed and may be up to two pages
including all figures and tables, with an additional page for references
submitted as a link to a PDF. The submissions should strictly follow the
guidelines provided by the NeurIPS style guide
<https://latinxinai.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8f9b1634c3e8f31a837653bc&id=7f44ae986d&e=78338e9b3c>
(template
available in OverLeaf
<https://latinxinai.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8f9b1634c3e8f31a837653bc&id=c925d77ae2&e=78338e9b3c>)
to avoid the risk of being rejected without consideration of their merits.
Submissions must state the research problem, motivation, and technical
contribution. Submissions must be self-contained and include all figures,
tables, and references. Authors of accepted abstracts will be asked to
present their work in a poster session. A few authors will be selected to
give 15-30 minute oral presentations. All authors selected for presentation
will be offered presentation coaching.

*Please note that we also offer travel grants for this workshop. Click
this link
<https://latinxinai.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8f9b1634c3e8f31a837653bc&id=1b2b5e283c&e=78338e9b3c>
find out more about the process and how to apply. *
MORE INFO
<https://latinxinai.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b8f9b1634c3e8f31a837653bc&id=b749b34075&e=78338e9b3c>