[agents] [New Book] Security and Privacy in the Internet of Things: Architectures, Techniques, and Applications

Ali Ismail Awad alamer_2005 at yahoo.com
Tue May 7 09:00:31 EDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

Prof. Jemal Abawajy (Deakin University) and I (Luleå University ofTechnology and Plymouth University) are editing a new book entitled “Securityand Privacy in the Internet of Things: Architectures, Techniques, andApplications” that will be published by Wiley-IEEE Press by 2020.

Since we plan to have chapters by invitations only, we arecollecting interests from both academia and industry. Therefore, if you areinterested to contribute a chapter to this book, please approach me by email (ali.awad at ltu.se) with a half-page shows the title and the abstract of your planned chapter by May17th. Formal invitations will be sent later for potential contributors.Full chapters should be submitted by the end of 2019.

The planned topics include, but not limited to:

Part I: Architecture:

·       Securityat 50: What exists and is applicable to IoT security

·       IoTarchitecture from device to applications

·       IoTsecurity architectures

·       IoTsecurity standards

·       Securenetwork architecture and communication protocols security

·       IoTdevice security: Logical and physical security

·       Securedata management in IoT

·       SecureIoT transactions (blockchains)

·       Secureintegration of IoT and Cloud computing

·       Secureintegration of IoT and social networks

·       IoTprivacy and trust model

Part II: Technologies andMechanisms:

·       SecurityMechanisms applicable to IoT

·       Intrusiondetection systems for IoT

·       Threatand vulnerability analysis in IoT

·       Authenticationand access control in IoT

·       Attackdetection and prevention in IoT

·       Privacypreserving techniques in IoT

Part III: Applications:

·       Smartcities security

·       Smarthomes security

·       Physicalsecurity of IoT devices

·       Secureand energy efficient management of IoT objects
I look forward to reading your abstracts.

Sincerely Yours,

Ali Ismail Awad, SMIEEE, Ph.D., Ph.D.,M.Sc., B.Sc.

Associate Professor of InformationSecurity

Coordinator of the Master Program inInformation Security

Visiting Researcher at the Universityof Plymouth, United Kingdom

Department of Computer Science,Electrical and Space Engineering

Luleå University of Technology