[agents] Fully Funded PhD Studentships in AI and Multi-agent Systems, at Lancaster University

Leandro Marcolino leandromarcolino at gmail.com
Thu May 31 12:07:59 EDT 2018

Artificial Intelligence is an exciting area of research, with a great
potential impact in our society. In particular, Multi-agent Systems is a
great field, encompassing robotics, digital games, machine learning,
economics, optimisation, etc. In our laboratory, we aim at developing and
analysing real systems, where groups of agents collaborate in accomplishing
useful goals; or even compete when their goals differ. These groups may be
composed of robots, of artificial software agents, or even of a mixture of
artificial and human agents.

The School of Computing and Communications at Lancaster University has
studentships available for exceptional PhD students, from the UK, the EU,
and overseas. In particular, Dr. Marcolino supports applications for CoLab,
our Artificial Intelligence and Multi-agent Systems laboratory. Interested
applicants should check Dr. Marcolino's page at
http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/staff/sorianom, and contact him directly at
l.marcolino at lancaster.ac.uk to discuss his/her application. Please write
"PhD Application" in the Subject header.

We are looking for students that are passionate and excited about research.
Previous research experience (even if informal), and a strong background in
Mathematics are particularly welcome.

== More Details ==

* Qualification: PhD
* Hours: Full Time
* Application Deadline: 30 June 2018
* Starting date: October 2018 preferred, but January 2019 or April 2019 are
possible
* Academic Requirement: First-class or 2.1 (Hons) degree, or Masters degree
(or equivalent) in an appropriate subject
* Studentship duration:
  ** 3.5 years for UK/EU students
  ** 3 years for overseas students
* Stipends: £14,777 per year + £800 training bursary (e.g., for conference
travelling)

== Application Process ==

Candidates should submit an application to the School of Computing and
Communications, following the instructions at
http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/scc/study/phd/. Please contact Dr. Marcolino (
l.marcolino at lancaster.ac.uk) before-hand, and do mention your interest in
working with him in your application. The application package includes:

* Two Referees
* Official Academic Transcripts
* Detailed C.V.
* Research Proposal