[agents] Final call for submissions to The Web Conference (WWW 2018), Lyon, France – Abstracts due *today*

Gerard de Melo gdemelo at mpi-inf.mpg.de
Thu Oct 26 13:31:24 EDT 2017

Preliminary abstracts are due *TODAY, OCTOBER 26* for the 27th edition
of The Web Conference (WWW 2018), to be held April 23-27, 2018 in Lyon,
France (https://www2018.thewebconf.org). Full papers will subsequently
be accepted until October 31, 2017. All submission deadlines refer to
9:00pm HAST.

While intelligent and autonomous systems have been a focus of interest
in the research community for many years, we are currently witnessing
rapid growth with the development of new forms of artificial
intelligence and learning algorithms. Intelligent assistants, autonomous
vehicles, and social media bots are just a few examples of the ways in
which these technologies are transforming our everyday life, bringing
both opportunities and challenges. This year, we are introducing the new
Intelligent and Autonomous Systems on the Web Track to shed new light on
these recent developments. We seek to offer a forum to discuss and
debate the issues raised by this new generation of technologies and
applications, and on how digital connectivity and Web-scale data can
contribute to addressing them.

Specific subtopics of interest include, but are not limited to, the
following:

* Models and algorithms (e.g., deep learning, reinforcement learning,
knowledge-driven learning, optimization, etc.) that build the
foundations of intelligent and autonomous systems

* Tools that provide effective and efficient technological support for
intelligent systems, including multimodal sensing and computer vision

* New forms of intelligent agents and cognitive computing systems

* Novel interaction mechanisms between autonomous systems and humans

* Techniques to ensure privacy and security in the context of autonomous
systems

* Innovative applications in areas such as computational creativity and
automated journalism

* Applications of intelligent and autonomous systems to improve our
daily life

* Other topics in artificial intelligence and autonomous systems

For further details, please refer to

https://www2018.thewebconf.org/call-for-papers/research-tracks-cfp/intelligent-autonomous-systems/

as well as to the general guidelines at

https://www2018.thewebconf.org/call-for-papers/research-tracks-cfp/