[agents] Call for Applications: AAMAS 2017 Student Travel Support

Sebastian Stein aamas2017publicity at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 16:02:44 EST 2017

AAMAS 2017 Student Travel Support

We are delighted to announce funding for student travel support. The
purpose is to enable graduate students to travel and participate in
the conference. To be eligible, you must:

- be registered as a full-time student at a higher education
institution (e.g. University); AND
- be explicitly listed as an author of a paper accepted for AAMAS-17
(full | extended abstract | workshop).

The order of priority for awards is as follows:

1) students presenting a full paper accepted at the conference main
and special tracks;
2) students presenting at the doctoral consortium;
3) students presenting posters at the main conference; and
4) students presenting at workshops.

To the extent that funds allow, we also hope to support students whose
research will benefit from attendance at the conference.

We anticipate different levels of funding based on geographic location
(distance to conference venue, underrepresented regions), level of
participation, and so on, covering most of the travel costs. We
particularly encourage student scholarship applications from
underrepresented regions.

Application
---------------

To apply, you are required to complete the Student Scholarship
Application Form at

https://goo.gl/forms/pjqWfeVN4Atskojy2

You will need to provide your participation details for AAMAS-17 as
well as a pdf with a scanned student ID card certifying you are
registered as a full-time student.

Please note that participation in the student scholarship program
carries with it an obligation to be a student volunteer during the
conference and, in the case of US applicants, to participate in the
doctoral mentoring consortium.

Student volunteers are often used to provide support in the various
conference rooms in case of problems (e.g., projector failure, etc).

Please submit your application by February 29, 2017 (11:59pm, Hawaii
time) via the web form shown above. We will notify you of your
application decision by March 21.

Scholarship Co-Chairs

Natasha Alechina (University of Nottingham)
Bo An (Nanyang Technological University)
Yevgeniy Vorobeychik (Vanderbilt University)

E-mail: aamasscholarshipchairs at gmail.com