[agents] Job Opportunity, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan

Takayuki Ito ito at itolab.nitech.ac.jp
Fri Dec 25 11:05:30 EST 2015

Job Opportunity,
Nagoya Institute of Technology,
Japan

1	Job Title:
Post-doctoral Researcher, Research Assistant Professor,
Research Associate Professor, Research Professor

2	Organization:
School of Computer Science, School of Techno-business administration, Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya Institute of Technology

3	Research Project:
This is a Research Project on “Innovating Large Scale Consensus Support Systems based on Agent Technology” in the JST CREST research projects. Large-scale consensus support technologies are new platforms for the next generation Democracy, which can enhance the collective intelligence of us, the human race. In this study, we innovate new large scale consensus support systems based on our agent-technologies. The issue is to support better consensus-making while avoiding characteristic problems of online large scale discussion, like flaming. In this study, we will establish agent-technologies that can effectively support consensus-making by harmoniously extracting participants’ opinions and preferences.

4	Contract:
Basically one year contracts (up to March 31, 2021)

5	Required qualifications:
5.1	Candidates must have the Doctoral degree in computer science or a related field.
5.2	Candidates should have interest on this project, has experience on the following research area, has experience/interest on practical R&Ds and industrial collaborations, and should want to challenge to new research area.
a) Multiagent Systems and Multiagent Simulations
b) Collective Intelligence, Social Computing, and Crowd Computing
c) Consensus Making, Social Decision Making, Social Psychology, Negotiation Theory, Dispute Resolution, Deliberative Democracy
d) Automated Negotiations

6	Candidates will be employed from April 1st, 2016 or later.

7	Required documents and materials:
7.1	Resume
7.2	3 your best papers (or copies)
7.3	Your research description (around 1000 words)
7.4	Two references

8	Due date:
When the positions are filled.

9	Examination:
The selection process proceeds based on the submitted documents, and presentation and interview if necessary. We cannot provide any travel expense for it.

10	Contact (send the documents to the following):
Takayuki Ito, Professor,
Techno-Business School / Department of Computer Science,
Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso, Showaku, Nagoya 466-8555, Japan.
TEL : +81-52-735-7968, E-mail : ito.takayuki at nitech.ac.jp

11	How to send the documents:
By e-mail (recommended)
- Convert the documents to PDF files with *** a password ***.
- Send an e-mail which has the subject “Application Forms” and attach the PDF files.
- Send the second e-mail which includes the password.
- If you do not receive any response, please contact to ito.takayuki at nitech.ac.jp as soon as possible.
By air-mail (not recommended for international candidates)
- Put “Application Form included” in red color on the face of the envelope.
- Be sure to send it as a registered mail.
- We do not return it to you.

N.I.T. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Personal information will be treated adequately under the private information preserving law and the NIT regulations. But, please understand that some inquiry might be done in order for the selection process.

Takayuki Ito, Ph.D.
Professor
Head of Department of Techno-Business Administration
Department of Computer Science,
Nagoya Institute of Technology,
Gokiso, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8555, Japan.
ito.takayuki at nitech.ac.jp <mailto:ito.takayuki at nitech.ac.jp>, http://www.itolab.nitech.ac.jp/~ito/ <http://www.itolab.nitech.ac.jp/~ito/>
TEL +81-52-735-7968 FAX +81-52-735-7407