[agents] CfP: Sequential Decision Making for Intelligent Agents

Frans Oliehoek fa.oliehoek at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:56:41 EDT 2015

=== CfP: Sequential Decision Making for Intelligent Agents ===

AAAI Fall Symposium
November 12–14, 2015
Arlington, Virginia
http://masplan.org/sdmia

Submission deadline: July 15, 2015

Sequential decision making under uncertainty (SDM) is a powerful
paradigm for probabilistic planning. The emergence of various models
that analyze SDM under different sets of assumptions, e.g., as single-
and multi-agent Markov Decision Processes (MDPs) and Partially
Observable MDPs (POMDPs), has gone hand in hand with the split of this
field into many subareas, each with a quite distinct research community.
The Sequential Decision Making for Intelligent Agents (SDMIA) Fall
Symposium aims to bring the researchers of computational sequential
decision making under uncertainty together, in order to facilitate the
cross-pollination of ideas across these communities and thus accelerate
the development of the larger field. The symposium will have ample time
for discussions and interaction. Furthermore, we intend to reflect on
the current state of the field, both in terms of theory and
applications, and, more importantly, ways to shape its future.

We invite submissions, both original as well as previously published,
dealing with the general topic of sequential decision making under
uncertainty. Topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to:
- Novel insights in modeling sequential decision making (SDM)
- Recent advances in solution methods
- Benchmark problems and benchmarking
- Real-world applications and application domains
- Model specification and induction
- Methods for transferring solutions from one model to another

We particularly encourage contributions that have the potential to make
an impact on different sub-fields of SDM, but this is not a requirement.
Submission instructions can be found on our website:
http://masplan.org/sdmia

Organizing Committee

Matthijs Spaan (chair), Delft University of Technology
Frans Oliehoek, University of Amsterdam / University of Liverpool
Christopher Amato, University of New Hampshire
Andrey Kolobov, Microsoft Research
Pascal Poupart, University of Waterloo