[agents] New issue of Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 17(1)

jasss at surrey.ac.uk jasss at surrey.ac.uk
Sat Feb 1 18:29:03 EST 2014

The Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation published issue 1 of Volume 17 on 31-Jan-2014.

JASSS is an electronic, refereed journal devoted to the exploration and understanding of social processes by means of computer simulation.   It is freely available, with no subscription.

Peer-reviewed Articles
>From Schelling to Schools: A Comparison of a Model of Residential Segregation with a Model of School Segregation
   by  Victor Ionut Stoica and Andreas Flache
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/5.html

Aspiration, Attainment and Success: An Agent-Based Model of Distance-Based School Allocation
   by  James Millington, Tim Butler and Chris Hamnett
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/10.html

Simple Heuristics as Equilibrium Strategies in Mutual Sequential Mate Search
   by  Ismail Saglam
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/12.html

Modelling Tourism in the Galapagos Islands: An Agent-Based Model Approach
   by  Francesco Pizzitutti, Carlos F. Mena and Stephen J. Walsh
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/14.html

Evaluating Binary Alignment Methods in Microsimulation Models
   by  Jinjing Li and Cathal O'Donoghue
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/15.html

Agent-Based Simulation of Pedestrian Behaviour in Closed Spaces: A Museum Case Study
   by  Alessandro Pluchino, Cesare Garofalo, Giuseppe Inturri, Andrea Rapisarda and Matteo Ignaccolo
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/16.html

Generating Social Practices
   by  Georg Holtz
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/17.html

Agent-Based Simulation of the Search Behavior in China's Resale Housing Market: Evidence from Beijing
   by  Hong Zhang and Yang Li
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/18.html

Modeling and Simulation of the Endogenous Dynamics of Housing Market Cycles
   by  Birnur Özbaş, Onur Özgün and Yaman Barlas
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/19.html

Coupling Environmental and Social Processes to Simulate the Emergence of a Savannah Landscape Mosaic Under Shifting Cultivation and Assess its Sustainability
   by  Nicolas Becu, Christine Raimond, Eric Garine, Marc Deconchat and Kouami Kokou
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/1.html

Learning Dilemmas in a Social-Ecological System: An Agent-Based Modeling Exploration
   by  Erin Bohensky
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/2.html

If We Work Together, I Will Have Greater Power: Coalitions in Networked Innovation
   by  Rory Sie, Peter B. Sloep and Marlies Bitter-Rijpkema
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/3.html

The Production of Step-Level Public Goods in Structured Social Networks: An Agent-Based Simulation
   by  Francisco José León Medina, Francisco José Miguel Quesada and Vanessa Alcaide Lozano
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/4.html

A Further Step Towards Participatory Modelling.  Fostering Stakeholder Involvement in Designing Models by Using Executable UML
   by  Pierre Bommel, Francisco Dieguez, Danilo Bartaburu, Emilio Duarte, Esteban Montes, Marcelo Pereira Machín, Jorge Corral, Carlos José Pereira de Lucena and Hermes Morales Grosskopf
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/6.html

Modeling the Emergence of Social Structure from a Phylogenetic Point of View
   by  Ruth Dolado, Francesc S. Beltran and Vicenç Quera
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/8.html

Information Sharing to Reduce Misperceptions of Interactions Among Complementary Projects: A Multi-Agent Approach
   by  Emmanuel Labarbe and Daniel Thiel
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/9.html

An Agent-Based Model of Public Participation in Sustainability Management
   by  Robert Aguirre and Timothy Nyerges
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/7.html

Opinion Formation in the Digital Divide
   by  Dongwon Lim, Hwansoo Lee, Hangjung Zo and Andrew Ciganek
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/13.html
Book Reviews (Review editor: Flaminio Squazzoni)
Michael Mäs reviews:
       Simulating Social Complexity: A Handbook (Understanding Complex Systems) by Edmonds, Bruce and Meyer, Ruth (eds.)
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/reviews/3.html

Ryan Muldoon reviews:
       Modelling Norms by Elsenbroich, Corinna and Gilbert, Nigel
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/reviews/5.html

Klaus G. Troitzsch reviews:
       Sociophysics: An Introduction by Sen, Parongama and Chakrabarti, Bikas K.
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/reviews/1.html

Sebastian Schutte reviews:
       Attracted to Conflict: Dynamic Foundations of Destructive Social Relations (Peace Psychology Book Series) by Vallacher, Robin R., Coleman, Peter T., Nowak, Andrzej, Bui-Wrzosinska, Lan, Liebovitch, Larry, Kugler, Katharina and Bartoli, Andrea
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/reviews/7.html

Matthias Meyer reviews:
       Microeconomics of Interactive Economies: Evolutionary, Institutional, and Complexity Perspectives by Elsner, Wolfram
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/reviews/2.html

Emma Norling reviews:
       Cognition Beyond the Brain: Computation, Interactivity and Human Artifice by Cowley, Stephen J. and Vallée-Tourangeau, Frédéric (eds.)
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/reviews/4.html

Dan Birks reviews:
       Informatica e Diritto: Special Issue on Law and Computational Social Science by Faro S. and Lettieri N. (eds)
       http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/17/1/reviews/6.html

The new issue can be accessed through the JASSS home page. The next issue will be published at the end of March 2014.

 If you have a PhD or are close to completing one, you can contribute to maintaining the quality of JASSS by volunteering to referee article submissions.

JOURNAL OF ARTIFICIAL SOCIETIES AND SOCIAL SIMULATION

Editor: Nigel Gilbert, University of Surrey, UK
Forum Editor: Klaus G. Troitzsch, Koblenz-Landau University, Germany
Review Editor: Flaminio Squazzoni, University of Brescia, Italy