[agents] call for poapers / worskhop announcement

Harko Verhagen verhagen at dsv.su.se
Sat Dec 21 03:45:22 EST 2013

Social Believability in Games Workshops

Social believability is of key interest to computer game studies and
development, and believable game characters are of essence for player
enjoyment and immersion. Thus, discussing elements of immersion from a
research and a design perspective may contribute to developing more
entertaining computer games. In 2013 we organized two workshops
organized with the theme of Social Believable NPCs, one at DiGRA 2013
and one at ACE 2013. We aim these to be the start of a workshop series
to be organized on a yearly basis together with appropriate leading game
conferences.

The next  Social Believability in Games Workshop is co-locared and
organised with the Foundations for Digital Games 2014 Conference. The
purpose of the SBG at FDG  workshop is to allow discussion on the theories
and models for NPC social behavior and social affordances in industry as
well as between different but related academic disciplines. The expected
outcome is a better understanding of the overlaps and differences within
and between these communities. We also aim to document the workshop in a
journal article or journal special issue.

Link to Call for papers to SBG @ FDG14:
https://sites.google.com/site/socialbelievabilityingames/home/cfp-sbg-14-fdg.

Organizers: Mirjam Palosaari Eladhari, Harko Verhagen, Joshua McCoy, and
Magnus Johansson.

Best regards and enjoy the holiday season

Harko Verhagen