[agents] AAMAS 2013 Student Scholarships

AAMAS 2013 Scholarship Chairs aamas2013scholarshipchairs at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 07:10:38 EST 2013

AAMAS 2013 Student Travel Support

We are delighted to announce funding for student travel support to
attend the 12th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and
Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2013). The purpose is to enable graduate
students to travel and participate in the conference. To be eligible,
you must:

  * be registered as a full-time student at a higher education
    institution (e.g. University); AND
  * be explicitly listed as an author of a paper accepted for AAMAS-13
    (full | extended abstract | workshop), or be participating in the
    doctoral consortium.

The order of priority for awards is as follows:

 1. students presenting a full paper accepted at the main conference
 2. students presenting at the doctoral consortium
 3. students presenting posters at the main conference
 4. students presenting at workshops

To the extent that funds allow, we also hope to support students whose
research will benefit from attendance at the conference.

We anticipate different levels of funding based on geographic location
(distance to conference venue, underrepresented regions), level of
participation, and so on. We particularly encourage student scholarship
applications from underrepresented regions.

*Application*
To apply, you are required to complete the Student Scholarship
Application Form at

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVRTUl5anpUUHpjUmUtYVdieGh5eVE6MQ

You will need to provide your participation details for AAMAS-13 as well
as a pdf with a scanned student ID card certifying you are registered as
a full-time student.

*Please note that participation in the student scholarship program
carries with it an obligation to be a student volunteer during the
conference and, in the case of US applicants, to participate in the
doctoral mentoring consortium *.

Student volunteers are often used to provide support in the various
conference rooms in case of problems (e.g., projector failure, etc).

Please submit your application by February 11, 2013 (11:59pm, Hawaii
time) via the web form shown above. We will notify you of your
application decision by March 10.

*Scholarship Co-Chairs*

Enrico GERDING
Lecturer at University of Southampton, UK

Anita RAJA
Associate Professor at University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA

Hiromitsu HATTORI
Assistant Professor at Kyoto University, JAPAN

Main contact: aamas2013scholarshipchairs at gmail.com
<mailto:aamas2013scholarshipchairs at gmail.com>

AAMAS webpage: http://aamas2013.cs.umn.edu/node/36