[agents] [Fwd: Postdoctoral positions @ Teamcore group, University of Southern California]

Bo AN boa at usc.edu
Thu Apr 28 13:48:14 EDT 2011

Postdoctoral Research Associate Positions
The Teamcore Research Group
Computer Science Department
University of Southern California

New opening(s): Fall 2011

The Teamcore group (http://teamcore.usc.edu) is focused on research on
multi-agent systems where multiple agents (including software agents,
robots and people) may interact. We focus on fundamental research issues
in Decision Theoretic (distributed MDPs), Game Theoretic,
Belief-Desire-Intentions (BDI) and Distributed Constraint Reasoning
(DCR) approaches to multiagent systems. In addition to fundamental
research, our group is particularly interested in use-inspired research:
applying research in multiagent systems to real-world problems and
advancing fundamental research to address these needs. For example, our
algorithms have been deployed for real-world use by several agencies
including the LAX police, the US Coast Guard, the Federal Air Marshals
service and the Transportation security administration. We are also
working with several other agencies including the LA Sheriff's Department.

We have one or more new openings for post-doctoral research associate
positions starting in Fall 2011.

Research will focus on the areas of fundamental research outlined above
with emphasis on new algorithms and but also on their practical
implementations / applications. Interested applicants should send their
CV and have three letters of recommendation forwarded to Professor
Milind Tambe (tambe at USC.edu).

A key aspect of our research is the interedisciplinary partnerships
beyond Computer Science. To that end, one key group that a potential
postdoctoral research associate will interact with is the Game theory
and human behavior group (http://gthb.usc.edu). However, research
projects also include several other collaborations; please see our
research projects web page (http://teamcore.usc.edu/Research.htm).

--
Bo AN

Postdoctoral Research Associate