[agents] AAMAS 2011: Student Scholarships

AAMAS Publicity aamas2011publicity at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 01:06:41 EST 2010

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

AAMAS 2011: Student Scholarships

10th International Conference on
Autonomous Agents & Multiagent Systems

Taipei, Taiwan May 2-6, 2011
http://www.aamas2011.tw/index.html

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

We are delighted to announce a student scholarship program. The
purpose of this program is to provide financial support for students
with accepted papers at AAMAS-11, to enable them to travel to the
conference.
To be eligible you must:

    * be registered as a full-time student at a higher education
institute (e.g. a University); AND
    * be explicitly listed as an author of a paper accepted for
AAMAS-11 (full, extended abstract, workshop), or be participating in
the doctoral consortium (see below).

Our emphasis is on helping students who are first authors of full
papers accepted for the main conference. Our second priority is
supporting attendees of the doctoral consortium. Though lower in
priority, to the extent that funds allow, we also hope to potentially
provide support for student authors of extended abstracts, or of
workshop papers. We anticipate different levels of funding based on
geographic location (distance to conference venue, underrepresented
regions), level of participation, and so on. We particularly encourage
student scholarship applications from underrepresented regions.

IMPORTANT POINTS

    * Scholarship recipients are required to volunteer as helpers at AAMAS'11
    * US-based scholarship recipients are required to participate in
the doctoral consortium - please plan your travel accordingly (we will
liaise with the doctoral consortium chairs)

To apply, complete the Student Scholarship Application Form. You will
need to provide your participation details for AAMAS-11 as well as a
pdf with a (scanned) letter certifying that you are registered as a
full time student. This letter should carry the letterhead of your
institution, and must be signed by your supervisor/thesis advisor.
Submit your application (the completed application form and the
scanned letter) by email.
Note that if you have applied to participate in the doctoral
consortium and your application is successful, then we will
automatically consider you as having applied for a scholarship, and
will contact you to request any additional supporting information that
is required.
Please submit your student scholarship application by January 10, 2011
(11:59pm, Hawaii time) to taylorm at cs.lafayette.edu.
Depending on the remaining funds, we will issue a second call for the
authors of workshop papers. We will contact all applicants to let them
know the outcome as soon as possible.

CONTACTS AND APPLICATION FORM

http://www.aamas2011.tw/Scholarships.html