[agents] Postdoctoral research associate poistion@ teamcore group USC

Bo AN boa at usc.edu
Thu Nov 18 00:21:21 EST 2010

Postdoctoral Research Associate Position

The Teamcore Research Group
Computer Science Department
University of Southern California
November 2010

The Teamcore group (http://teamcore.usc.edu) is focused on research on
multi-agent systems  where multiple agents (including software agents,
 robots and people) may interact.   We focus on fundamental research  issues
in Decision Theoretic (distributed MDPs), Game Theoretic,
Belief-Desire-Intentions (BDI) and Distributed  Constraint Reasoning (DCR)
approaches to multiagent systems.  In addition to fundamental research, our
group is particularly interested in use-inspired research: applying research
in multiagent systems to real-world problems and advancing fundamental
research to address these needs. For example, our algorithms have been
deployed for real-world use by several agencies including the LAX police,
the Federal Air Marshals service and the Transportation security
administration. We are working with several other agencies including the US
Coast Guard.

We have a new opening for a post-doctoral research associate position
 starting in early Spring 2011. Research will focus on the areas of
fundamental  research outlined above with emphasis on new algorithms and but
also on   their practical implementations / applications. Interested
applicants should  send their CV and have three letters of recommendation
forwarded to Prof. Milind Tambe (tambe at USC.edu)