[agents] Call for Participation: TFG on Agent and Multi-Agent Based Simulation

franziska.klugl at oru.se franziska.klugl at oru.se
Wed Oct 27 06:10:26 EDT 2010

Technical Forum Group on Agent- and Multi-Agent Based Simulation (TFGSIM)
Co-located with EUMAS 2010

15 December 2010, Paris, France
Call for Participation & Position Statements

http://www.irit.fr/TFGSIM

Following the tradition of Agent Link Technical Forum Groups, we
announce the first edition of a Simulation Technical
Forum Group focussing discussions on methodological and technical
aspects of agent- and multi-agent-based simulation.
We will work on identification of and solution suggestions for challenges
of agent- and multi-agent-based simulation. We also want to
establish links between members of the agent-based simulation community
which could lead to common research activities and projects.

Topics of interest are (but are not limited to):
* Can modelers creativity be supported by engineering?
* What are the particular challenges in agent-based simulation engineering?
* Suggestions for design, testing, calibration, verification and validation
  strategies, methods, tools?
* Can we come up with a shared meta model of an agent-based simulation model?
* Challenges and solutions for multi-scale modeling?
* Can AOSE specification languages be used for simulations?
* Is a simulation problem more than just a particular set of requirements?
* What kind of AOSE models for supporting Agent-based simulation design?
* How can we systematically involve human experts and stakeholders?
* What kind of tools do we need for supporting agent-based simulation and
  modelling?
* What are the particular properties that a modeller must be able to
  expect from a simulation platform/engine?

Preliminary Program

The meeting will be held on December 15th at University of Jussieu in
Paris, France, near the location where EUMAS 2010
(http://lipade.math-info.univ-paris5.fr/eumas10/index.html) will be held directly
after the Technical Forum - that will this year consist of a groups working
on Self-Organisation and on Agent-based Software Engineering in addition to
this group on agent- and multi-agent based simulation.

The initial agenda for this meeting plans sessions with talks focussed on
particular challenges followed by a general panel session. In the first part, a small
number of focussed presentations will be given followed by discussions on
the topics raised by the presentations.
In the second one, a broad panel-like discussion on most relevant topics
for participants will be held.
The speakers for each panel are to be selected and will be announced through
the Simulation TFG web page. Suggestions are welcome. Schedule, contributions
(both in form of papers and presentation slides) and other working documents
will also be published on this web page.

Contributions

Participants are strongly encouraged to submit position papers. The deadline
for contributions related to talks to be held during the meeting is
November 15th 2010. Papers should be sent to the working group chairs (see below).
They will be made available for all participants well before the meeting in order to
prepare discussions. We accept position papers, papers illustrating new researches
in the area as well as any other scientific relevant contribution (also demonstration
of prototypes) in the area the above listed topics or others suitable for discussing
in the frame of the TFG. There will be no formal proceedings therefore already published
papers are welcome too (provided that in this way no existing copyright is infringed).
The format and length of position papers are open.

Registration for TFGSIM is free. Unfortunately, there will be no funding for
attendants in this edition. For any question or comment, do not hesitate to
contact the TFGSIM chairs.

See you in Paris,

Franziska Klügl
Modeling and Simulation Research Center, Örebro University, Sweden
franziska.klugl at oru.se

and

Carole Bernon
Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse, University of Toulouse III, France
bernon at irit.fr