[agents] 2APL: Open Source Release

Mehdi mehdi at cs.uu.nl
Mon Oct 25 05:59:04 EDT 2010

Dear all,

On behalf of the 2APL development team, I am pleased to announce the new
open source release of the 2APL platform. The (new) official home is
located at:

http://apapl.sourceforge.net/

2APL (A Practical Agent Programming Language) is a modular BDI-based
programming language that supports the development of multi-agent
systems. The 2APL Platform and its corresponding Eclipse plug-in editor
are developed to facilitate the implementation and execution of
multi-agent programs. 2APL provides a rich set of programming constructs
allowing direct implementation of concepts such as beliefs, declarative
goals, actions, plans, events, and reasoning rules. The reasoning rules
allow run-time generation of plans based on declarative goals, received
events and messages, and failed plans.

Have a look at the 2APL home and play with the multi-agent program
examples that come with the distribution. We hope you can use this
platform and contribute to its further development.

Best Regards,
Mehdi Dastani

--
Mehdi Dastani