[agents] LIVE Web Streaming of CARE workshop (Tuesday 1st December 2009)

Christian Guttmann christian.guttmann at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 06:30:24 EST 2009

Dear All,

CARE is one of the first agent events that is broadcast live and allows
an international audience to participate and ask questions in real time.

The broadcast can be found under URL:
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~xtg/CARE2009/mediastream.html

And the schedule of the workshop under URL (note: based on Melbourne
time, Australia).
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~xtg/CARE2009/care2009Schedule.html

Collaborative Agents -- REsearch and Development CARE webpage:
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~xtg/CARE2009/

Participation
=============

It is VERY SIMPLE to watch the CARE lectures and to participate in real
time!

1. At first, type some random text in the text box on the right, then
press ENTER. You will be asked to signup to USTREAM.
Simply type a login of 4-15 letters. Use your first name and the first
letters of your last name.
eg. My login is ChristianGutt.

2. Please send an email to (care2009 at easychair.org) with your USTREAM
login name (not your password), contact number, affiliation, and country.

3. I will then send you a password to access the stream (in the left
window).

4. When asked, you type in the sent password into the left window, and
the stream should start (assuming that the lecture are actually running).
(the webstream does not automatically restart, so you may need to
refresh every now and then, eg after the tea breaks)

Please do 1. and 2. asap, if you want to participate (it will also allow
you to access the lecture recordings afterwards)!

Cost
====

Donation of $50 AUD, particularly if you think this live stream is
useful to you
(we use this partially for costs related to the CARE workshop, and
partially for future agent related events).

Please use paypal: www.paypal.com
and use my email christian.guttmann at gmail.com.

You may be able to use the paypal receipt for reimbursement at your
university.

Best Regards,
Christian Guttmann and the CARE organisers

PLEASE NOTE: This streaming is highly experimental using our local
resources.
We provide no guarantee that it will work, or will satisfy your
expectations in any way.
We will not be held responsible in any way.

--
Christian Guttmann, PhD
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~xtg/