[agents] 2nd CFP: Thematic issue on "Algorithmic Reinforcement Learning"

Kostas Stathis kostas at cs.rhul.ac.uk
Wed Aug 6 16:38:47 EDT 2008

[ Apologies for cross-posting]

2nd Call For Papers: Thematic issue on "Algorithmic Reinforcement Learning"

Journal of Algorithms: Cognition, Informatics and Logic, Elsevier

Kostas Stathis, Artur d’Avilla Garcez, Robert Givan (Guest Editors)

This thematic issue of the Journal of Algorithms seeks to celebrate the
increasingly
multidisciplinary nature of reinforcement learning and, in line with the
Journal's
manifesto, it proposes to study and present the subject from an algorithmic
perspective that we refer to as Algorithmic Reinforcement Learning
(ARL). It is
hoped that in this way this thematic volume will serve as a reference in
the area and
will help organize and promote the research across sub-areas.

We welcome the submission of innovative and mature results in specifying,
developing and experimenting with ARL. Approaches that relate, compare and
contrast, combine or integrate different areas of reinforcement learning
are
particularly encouraged. Papers describing innovative developments in
the area are
also encouraged. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to the
following topics:

• Multi-agent reinforcement learning
• Relational reinforcement learning
• Neuro-symbolic reinforcement learning
• Bayesian reinforcement learning
• Reinforcement learning and logic/ILP
• Reinforcement learning with background knowledge
• Robust reinforcement learning
• Reinforcement learning in game theory and bounded rationality
• Applications

Important Dates & Submission details
Submission Deadline: 1st Oct 2008
Acceptance Notice: 20th Jan 2009